Thursday, October 20, 2011

I am a Mother....

There’s a higher post that opened in the place where I work. I have been pondering on applying for that post. The old Cathy would not think twice, I would have updated my resume and submitted it on the first day the vacancy was announced…that was the old Cathy…the Cathy before Caled.


 I know getting that position would make it easier for me to handle some of the financial challenges that I’ve been having. At the same time, it would mean that I will be able to go back to shoe-shopping on a regular basis (yes, I know it’s shallow…but, there is something about shoes). A promotion is something that would definitely make our lives easier but again…Caled.

I am a mother to a two year old toddler. While some would say that this is the time of the terrible two’s - I fondly call this time, the “terrific two’s” Caled comes up with different stuff everyday. He always has a welcoming smile for me when I get home. The work that I have right now allows me to give him his morning bath, feed him breakfast, play with him, watch Monster’s Inc., read books and sing with him. It allows me time to watch him grow and learn new things and become the happy child that he is.

I get to see a miracle, I get to believe in magic and I get to experience it everyday. How in the world would I give that up?

I will be able to find ways to resolve my financial challenges, I will be able to address issues as they come. Time lost with Caled, I can never gain back…I am a mother above all else. Hearing Caled call me Mama over and over, hearing his giggles, singing with him…these moments are priceless…how can I trade it for a higher position at work? I work so I can provide for my son, but if I work too hard and miss precious moments with Caled…all the hardwork will be worthless. It would mean nothing.

I am a mother above all else…that’s how it is…that’s how its going to be…I know I already have the best post in the world. I already hold the greatest title - Caled’s Mom….Mommy ni Caled :)

No comments:

Post a Comment